Saturday, April 4

Two weeks in National Service.....

The first moment I stepped into the bus, I feel so excited and happy but at the same time the worry sensation monitored my feelings, worry that I can't survive here alone--ALONE!!! I never been step out from my house without any friends or relatives accompany me , not even when I'm working during holidays .... Although I acted so calm in front of my parents and friends who send me away from Penang in Pisa, actually deep inside my heart , I want to shout aloud , shoutting that I'll miss you all a lot, hoping that someone will heard me.. but all of these are already history.....

Pony and I in Pantai during PT class....
Inside the bus, I feel so bored ,no one to talk to, no one to laugh with, and no one to share stories together.....haiz.... Finally, I take in a deep breath and take the risk to talk to a Malay girl sitting beside me, namely Mun, walao her malay 腔 is so deep, I hardly understand what is she trying to say, so i juz keep on smiling , representing that I know what does she means...(so embarrasing...arrghhhh~)

Let me introduce, this is our 'Dewan Makan'...*tada*
After an hour drive, we finally reached Kem Sri Kandi at Pantai Merdeka.... ( wasai!!!! Hot till death ~><~) Nothing to do during the first week... everyday wake up at 500a.m. , eat breakfast at 7.30 a.m . then go back sleep again. After that take bath, eat and sleep!!!! In short , life overthere very 'senang', everyday only eat, sleep and shit....hahahaa...... At first, I feel that programmes in PLKN very not sistematic ..... But in the following weeks, they have proven that my first impression is wrong because we started to do all sorts of activities, for example CB class. marching, performance night and lots to mention.....
This is where we live in.... A place called 'dorm'...and now it becomes our home~
Two weeks in NS, I learn some new tricks ( I can sleep while marching, resting in 'dewan makan',and also with eyes wide-opened during classes!!! woohooo~ What makes me feel so proud is that when I'm sleepy or when I sleep inside classes, my teachers or coaches do not realise it, and I'm so lucky to escaped from the punishment!!!!! hahaha) errrmmmm...... As I'm not a very choosy person, so I have no comment for the malay food and drinks they prepared for us..... hehe.... the toilet pulak is quite okay, no comment also , beside for lots of insects like to take bath inside the pool..... but since we need to clean our toilet once a week, so basically the hygiene in the toilet still can be tolerate.
Banana which is 'bigger' than a person's head....hehe ^^
What I hate the most is that no water supply and need to march under hot sun!!!! When there is no water supply, we need to wear 'sarong' and bath in public using the water in the pool.... Lots of funny things happen for my first experience, showering using a 'sarong'... The main problem is I don't know how to wear a sarong!!!!! The 'sarong' kept slippping down from my body, Pony( a girl who is in same sch with me but has 'dikecualikan' due to health problems) and I kept laughing in the whole process of taking bath...... However , as time pases I feel that 'public bath' is a very good experience to most of us ---the kiddo in cities, unfortunately most of my chinese friends doubt what I have felt, they feel that bathing in that way is very embarrassing and thay can't acccept the truth that they need to bath like that, hence they rather don't bath whenever there is water supply shortage....朋友们,何苦呢?
The food we had in NS... Does'nt it look like we are in prison????
During 'malam persembahan', our group perform ' Dikir Barat', a tradisional Malay song..... Walao!!! After our group performance, all audience give us a big applause due to the good lyrics inside the song....(hehe ^^ feel so proud...haiz.... our group only get fourth placing because our group overtime...)

4 comments:

  1. hey!!!
    ur place is really new. but almost same look with mine. the plate u use for eatng r the same with my camp too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dar dar,i knew you were really worry since i reach there.cause you were acting not to scare of it.but,i know you are a strong girl too.so,no worries.be confident.
    p.s i cried when yo phoned me. =( hugsssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. To xuewen....

    Our camp juz opened... We'r the first batch to camp at there...The old one shut down already due to 'don't know' what reason...

    As it is new , a lot of 'those' things happen... Afraid nia ~><~
    our camp looks like a construction site... no trees nor grass...

    ReplyDelete
  4. To jiaying...

    Really?? U really cried?
    Aiyo.. so sentimental...
    Thank you!!! I'll be strong..

    ReplyDelete